Thursday, February 1, 2007

Failure and Serendipity

The point of GTD collection is that you should always be able to do it, no stray thought should pass through your mind and if there is anything to do about it, not make it into your in-box. This is the reason I'm using a small notebook for all my collecting. Today on the way to work, a thought arose, so I pulled out my notebook and was about to jot it down when I noticed I had no pen.

Disaster.

A failure and I hadn't even arrived at work. I need a pen fast.

At that very moment, I was passing a bookmakers shop. My eyes were downcast, literally. But on the pavement, lying in a dirty puddle were five or six betting shop pens. It is rubbish collection day today, so I guess they were old pens being thrown out which had somehow missed the bin. These pens are idea, sized smaller than my notebook and easy to carry. the pen I picked up was not nice to write with, but it was sufficiently able to write to note my thoughts down.

The universe wants me to succeed with Getting Things Done.

Now I have a new task collected in my notebook: find out where to buy betting shop pens,a nd get some.... either that or go on the worlds most trivial crime spree in Argos.

No comments: