Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Month 2, Day 6: Productivity Soars

Weight: 20 Stone 8.5 lb
GTD: Inbox 0, processing 71, someday/oneday 47, done 12

I'm still trying to come up with a good format for my GTD stats.

Last night I fully processed my home in-box. All that remains in there now are some things that I have definite actions for written in my task lists. At work, my desk is clear, as are my drawers. I still have a pile of things on the floor that needs processing, but given a few spare minutes, that will go too.

GTD seems to have a few advantages that I'm noticing. The first is that I'm sure I will at least continue to think about things that I need to do in the future, because they are written down, and I'm looking at them. The second is that I can now return to my desk, and know what the next thing I intended to do is straight away, rather than having to get up to speed again.

I'm feeling productive at the moment, even if I don't actually have that many results to show people. I know that I have completed 18 of the things I've set out to do in work, and that makes me feel good.

No comments: