Saturday, January 27, 2007

6 blogs about the Shangri-la diet that caught my attention

I forget where I first heard about the Shangri-la diet. 2 sources are most likely. The first is



Aaron Swartz's Raw Thought, where he talks about The Miracle Diet and A Future Without Fat



Alternatively I learned about it from Freakanomics which not only first bought the diet to the public attention, it also let Seth Roberts guest blog.



Seth Roberts has his own blog, which makes fascinating reading as he develops his theories further. He also makes available articles on subjects close to the heart of JustHelpMyself including his theories on weight loss and self experimentation. His forums are also a place where many people get the support they need.



Other people blog about the Shangri-la diet. Possibly the most prolific is a guy known variously as Steven M or Ethesis. He has a number of posts, some of which I relate to and some I don't. Still, he lost 70 pounds, so he must be doing something that works for him.



There is also J Weighty's Shangri-la Diet blog. He has been trying to lose weight for the best part of a year now. First on the Shangri-la diet, then off. Just in case I sound too convinced that the diet is the answer to all of humanities problems, here is a large set of data that shows other people have other results.



Finally, there is David from Glasgow (the only other British Shangri-la blogger I've come across so far) has been following the diet for half a year now. He is down 24 pounds, and only a short distance from his target.





I hope you enjoy these. I'm off to drop more weight!

1 comment:

J Weighty said...

Thanks for the link. Your blog is really interesting. I'm curious to see what self-help idea February will bring, and of course, your continued Shangri-La Diet results.

I did get good results while on SLD; I'm just not sure I can attribute them to the diet. I'm back on the Survival of the Thinnest routine. If it doesn't work, I may give SLD another try.