Monday, January 29, 2007

Day 29

20 Stone 12 lbs



As predicted yesterday.



Over the weekend I experienced two more instances of appetite reduction. On Saturday I sat down to a dinner of a jacket potato with steamed vegetables and low fat trust-me-I-can-believe-its-not-cheese-,-hell-it-isn't-even-cheez. It was a reasonably large potato, but it filled me up, to the point of wanting to sleep. All that on one jacket potato, something I would have thought of as a nice accompaniment to real food just one short month ago.



On Sunday, Herself forced me to give in to temptation. Force isn't actually the right word. More like she suggested I give into temptation, and I agreed willingly, having more or less decided to give into more or less the same temptation earlier in the day anyway. Two steaks were sitting in the fridge, and we decided to coat them generously with egg, flour, breadcrumbs and, most importantly, lashings of oil then fry them until they looked like a heart attack waiting to happen. I've got to say, my steak tasted gorgeous.



Now, prior to starting the diet, my appetite was every bit as large as Herself's (its true, she might have been a bit more of a snacker than me, but since diet experts say that fat bastards like myself underestimate how much they eat - diet experts rarely say "fat bastards", but that's what they're thinking - I'm happy to guess we ate about the same amount in total). On Sunday, when we ate, she not only had a whole plate size steak schnitzel, but also a side dish of rice. Me, I managed two thirds of one schnitzel, before declaring my belly was about to rupture, and wrapping the rest up for later.



I ate the other third of the schnitzel with a side order of cherry tomatoes and a pepper for tea. I think that means my total food content for the day (excluding my 'it's Sunday, I deserve a break' breakfast of a bagel) was the same as Herself's lunch.



(Incidentally, I have been consistently spelling schnitzel 'schnizzel' while typing this blog entry. Does following the Shangri-la diet encourage geeky white men to use ebonics? We still have a lot to learn!)

No comments: