Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Day 23

21 Stone 1.5 lbs



I'm just noticed that the number of calories I seem to be consuming under my required amount, in order to account for my weight loss (assuming I lose a pound for every 3500 calories I am under) seems to be quite similar to my calculated Basal Metabolic Rate. I'm wondering if there is a connection... Probably not, but maybe worthy of investigation? How do I investigate this? Well, my weight should drop in direct proportion to my BMR. The amount of food I consume should stay the same, and I should not feel any increase or decrease in hunger.



I have plans for what self-help book to try next, and for how to measure progress, but beyond that I have no firm plans. Any thoughts?



The rules are:

  • There must be a book / video / website that I consider to be the definitive set of rules I should try to follow.

  • I shouldn't need to be taught anything by anyone: I should get everything from the book / video / website.
  • I'm probably only going to spend around 30 minutes a day exclusively on the activity, although if it is fairly light weight - or provides obvious results, I might integrate it into my normal daily work too.
  • I don't want to spend much money on accessing the book / video / website. So I'll buy a twenty quid self help book if it looks interesting, but I won't sign up for a 1000 pound email course on how to improve my life.
  • I'll give anything to do with religion a miss.
  • Anything I'm doing, where I'm happy with the progress, I'll keep doing. Because I have an interest in long term results, results that go on beyond a month, I'll be less willing to try something in the same area. So, assuming that on day 31, I decide I'll stick with Shangri-la for another month, that means I won't be picking up a diet book



No comments: