Friday, January 5, 2007

Day 5

Waist: 51.125



As if to prove me wrong, I woke up this morning at 6am, very hungry. Last night I had prepared a glass of oil for me to take first thing. I swallowed it (the taste doesn't get better... but if it did, the shangri-la diet says I would have to change oil). Over the next 20 minutes my hunger faded away. I guess this proves that either oil does satisfy hunger (albeit more slowly than food), or that my set point continued to decline. Or, of course, both.



The oil satisfied my hunger until past 8:00 when I arrived at work and was able to eat my fruit breakfast.



Sugar water at 10:40 did not cause my hunger to spike straight away



By 11:30, my hunger was noticeable. This could be due to sugar water, or might be due to my oil being an hour earlier this morning



Began eating a slow lunch at 12:00



By 4pm, I was seeing signs of hunger. I decided to see what another sugar-water would do. It looks like we need gaps of around an hour or so before we can determine the effect of food on hunger.

No comments: