Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day 11

21 stone 8 lb



My cold is still making it hard for me to judge exactly how the diet is making me feel. That said, I seem to be getting better, so in a few days I could be back on track, understanding what has happened. I think the most important thing I have realised recently is that I'm not hungry; I might be getting odd feelings in my stomach, but they don't translate into a desire for me to eat. I've had a chocolate bar in the lounge and cold meat in the fridge. In any other week, I would have snacked on these, but the thought hadn't really entered my head.



I'm a little concerned I might be losing weight too quickly. I'm not sure half a stone in a week (which looks like its a possibility) is really very good for me. At the moment, I'll let it happen, because half a stone off my weight has to be better for me than a week of malnutrition...



For the last two days, I have been far more able to concentrate and be productive at work. Three possibilities:



1 the diet has an odd sway over my work behavior

2 the multivitamin or the omega 3 fish oil tablets I've been taking this week are doing something

3 Being ill has concentrated some of my abilities (my mind) at the expense of others (my body)



My guess is fish oil, since I seem to recall studies where it was given to school children, and it helped them to concentrate. Nature's Ritalin? Time will tell.



No comments: