Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Day 3

Waist 51.5



I slept in longer than normal this morning, failing to wake until 6:45. Unfortunately this threw off my schedule a little - I had planned to have breakfast and brush my teeth before that time. Instead everything was done in a rush. I found my bowl of cereal particularly filling, but guess this is as likely to do with my eating it so soon after I woke (which is a change from my previous routine) as it is to do with the new diet.



I took my oil only 40 or so minutes later, which is pushing the rules of the diet a little. By 8:15 I was still feeling full and uninterested in food.



By 10:30 I was feeling what I think is hunger (I'm confused about this there are several different feelings I associate with hunger, and while they can all be assuaged though eating I don't know if they are all the same thing... in particular the type of hunger today which I will call "under the ribs" hunger can often be solved by a cup of tea). At 11:00 I decided to have cup of sugar water, to see if it would cause the hunger to diminish. Indeed the hunger died down for an hour or so, although passing by the snacks in the kitchen I was tempted to (and indeed did) eat some of the fruit available there.



I'm becoming increasingly confused about what it is to be hungry. My lunchtime meal (at 1pm) became increasingly less appetizing, and after I ate it all, I felt satiated. However within 15 minutes or so, I began to get stomach pains similar to huger, both under my ribs, and in my gut. I will try some plain, cold water to see if it makes any difference.



I drank cold water and later at 15:00 hot sugar water. The sugar water made more of an impression, and tided me over until 16:00



I'm reasonably confident that I am hungry now. It isn't surprising, I've been eating far fewer calories than I normally, and especially more calories than I was eating over Christmas (in both cases, this is probably true even if you include the oil and sugar)



Given that I felt satiated after lunch, possibly I should break my lunch down into several smaller meals. It is also possible that because last night's pancetta chicken, despite being small, tasted so superb my set point was raised by too great an amount.



At 5:00 to tide me over to tea, I ate a banana and grapes, which satisfied the pangs.



I had a large tea at 7:00 and oil at 8. I havn't felt hungry since, which is a good sign.



No comments: