Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Day 10

21 stone 10 lb



Yesterday was an odd day. A couple things happened which might have made a difference to my diet:



1) A friend died. In my heart I knew it was coming, but it hit me for six

2) I was (and still am) ill. I have a chesty cough which is quite painful.



I felt weaker than normal yesterday (and do again today). It may well be this is related to the cold which has given me the cough, but the diet is another suspect. It is also possible that the cold is what is stopping me from wanting to eat. Further experiments are needed.



However, my diet did not fall by the wayside at all. I comfort eat (indeed, I'm noticing that the Shangri-la diet means I'm no longer self-medicating with food), but yesterday I was too full to want to consume more than the food I had prepared.



Also, despite feeling weak, I was very productive at work: less distracted and more motivated than usual.



I spent the evening playing a role-playing game with friends. These games are snack central. Last night I spotted crisps (2 big bads), chocolate chip cookies, a bar of dark chocolate and rice cakes. The only thing that tempted me was the bar of chocolate, and since that came out within an hour of when I was planning to take my next oil, I had to refuse that. I've dieted (with quite a high level of success) before, and on that diet I also avoided snacking during role-playing sessions: however, I always gave in a slight ammount, having one or two crisps just to get some flavour. Last night I had no desire to do this.



No comments: